Conferences are the main place where IMAJION really shines. Joining a conference in the IMAJION app requires two steps:
- Join from Google Chrome if using a desktop/laptop or Safari if using an iOS device
- Disable any VPNs if you’re on a corporate network
You can also check your overall settings at https://check.imajion.com/ prior to the conference.
Joining the Conference via link #
To join a conference via link, find the invitation email or calendar invite to the conference. Within that email or calendar event, you should have one of the following options:
- An email/calendar event from you or your invitee with a link that has the format Click Here to Join. Click this
- An invitation from firstname.lastname@example.org with a Join Meeting button. Click the button
Joining a Conference from the IMAJION app #
If you’re a project member of a conference, you can join from inside the app or link. To join the conference from the IMAJION app, do the following:
- Login and find the project the conference is being held in
- In the conferences section, find the conference to join
- Click the green phone button
Setup Page #
Once you click the link to join, you’ll be redirected to an app.imajion.com page for the conference. A pop-up asking to allow the use of your microphone and camera can appear. Click Allow
In this setup page, you can do the following:
- Change your name
- Turn your mic or camera off
- Select your camera and microphone
- Join the conference
IMAJION Interface #
After joining the conference, you’ll be in the IMAJION interface. You’ll find the following tools at your disposal:
- Screenshare: Share your screen with everyon in the conference
- Conference Chat: Find the history of when people joined, what they’ve said, or when a markup or file was added
- Placed Pins: Here you can edit the pins you’ve placed
- Maximize: Maximize the one screen (minimizes the rest)
- Minimize: Minimizes the one screen
- Create Pin: Creates a pin that can be placed on a screen using the HoloLens or iPhone/iPad Pro
- Screenshot: Captures a screenshot
- Minimized Windows Control: Control your minimized windows and hide/unhide the minimized windows
- Record: Records the conference
- Mute Controls: Mute or unmute your video and/or microphone
- Hangup: Leaves the call
Markups & Filesharing #
As a guest, you can interact with the HoloLens headset screen via markups and file sharing.
- Click within the HoloLens’ screen to place a marker.
- Click the pin icon at the bottom left of a video window. Your next click will add a pin you can edit with a note.
- Add files into a meeting by dragging them into the conference.